Sunday, April 07, 2013

Laksa King - Flemington, Melbourne

The laksa is absolutely DIVINE at the Laksa King. The restaurant is situated literally right next to the Newmarket Train Station which is a short 15 min train ride from Flinders Train Station  - the location can't get any better than that. My friend and I came by about 8 o'clock on a weeknight and this place was jammed packed with a huge waiting line inside and outside the restaurant. Luckily with just two people we got a table straightaway, so if you're in a larger groups you may need to wait around a bit, but it is definitely worth it!

There are times that I just want something to eat quickly without having to wait around for the "formality" and the "top-notch" service, I suppose it is partly how I was brought up in Taiwan - been surrounded by quick, cheap and tasty street foods. Laksa King does takes me back to Asian with their fast service and delicious food - within 10 mins of ordering our laksa they arrived! The restaurant is air-conditioned (which is needed by some with spicy food ^.^), clean & tidy, and is super busy. You do find it a bit hectic and the seats are placed close to each other, so if you're looking for a romantic dinner this is not the place for it, but if you want to have something quick on your way home you can hop off and have a delicious meal and hop back on the train.

The surprise I found in my roasted duck laksa was the deep-fried egg plant, it was not love at first sight.  However once I tasted it, I was brought to heaven and back. The flavour of the deep-fried egg plant matched exquisitely with the laksa curry, coconut milk and chilly oil.  The generous serving of roast duck with egg noodle and vermicelli smothered over with the laksa curry left me absolutely satisfied and very full (only because I drank all the laksa soup - I just had to...it was too tasty...don't judge me...)

I know I will have to venture back here soon to try other things, as they have my little brother's favourite Hainanes boneless chicken rice (海南雞飯), or I could just take him there with me and I can have more laksa.  It is hard for me to try other things on the menu I just can't go pass the laksa, oh my archillies heel. From a credible foodie source, I have been told their Five-spice fresh calamari is AMAZING as well.  So next time you're around Flemington or on your way home passing through, why not hop-off and be amazed by Laksa King's scrumptious Laksa.

Lunch: Mon-Sun 11:30am-3:30pm
Dinner: Sun-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm; Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:30pm

Address: 6-12 Pin Oak Crescent, Flemington VIC 3031
Phone 03 9372 6383
Email: eat@laksaking.com.au

OVERALL

FOOD: Delicious Malaysian food.
PRICE: Very good price - cheap!
SERVICE: Tentative.
ATMOSPHERE: Busy and hectic with air-conditioning.

Summary:  Quick and tasty authentic Malaysian food.

Laksa King on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/761081/restaurant/Melbourne/Laksa-King-Flemington

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/10817/Melbourne/The-Enchanted-Journey-of-FOOD.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    We received a request from Urbanspoon user "Nancy Liu" claiming that they are the author of The Enchanted Journey of FOOD! I'm writing to verify that this is the case and that you want to allow Nancy Liu to manage your blog on Urbanspoon.

    You can visit the Urbanspoon page for The Enchanted Journey of FOOD! here:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/10817/Melbourne/The-Enchanted-Journey-of-FOOD.html

    Please reply via email and let me know whether or not we should approve this claim.

    Thanks!
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete